Cooked Chicken Pomegranate Super Food!
Your dog will love this home made cooked superfood recipe! (prep time 15 minutes)
In this super-functional, home-made dog food recipe, we’re going to use ingredients that you will typically have lying around the kitchen to make an unbelievably healthy meal for your dog. Ok, not all of you will have liver and pomegranate, but it might be time to start stocking them.
Buying liver chunks for the freezer or buying dried liver is a great idea because it’s an incredible doggy super food. Think of it as your dog’s natural multivitamin.
I would also add pomegranate to your weekly shop for both you and your dog. Every year more research comes out about pomegranates incredible health benefits for dogs and humans alike. It’s high in antioxidants, it has anti – cancerous properties, it’s high in vitamin C, it’s a potent anti-inflammatory, it’s an effective anti – viral and the list goes on. I prescribe pomegranate to so many of my clients to help with their dog’s health issues.
Boiling your dog’s food is a great way to preserve the proteins instead of the more abrasive frying method. The meat will lose some of its minerals in the cooking process but I use my all natural supplement meal topper to replace those minerals and provide an even greater boost to the overall nutrition profile of the meal.
Another great trick is to use the water that you boiled the meat in for your dog’s water bowl after it’s cooled down. What a tasty incentive for them to stay hydrated!
You can interchange the broccoli, carrots and pomegranate in this recipe with other fruit and veg your dogs like if these aren’t their favourites.
This complete, homemade dog food recipe will take you no more than 10 – 15 minutes to prepare and clean up and your dog will absolutely love it!
- 250 g chicken
- 50 g of chicken liver
- 25 g of broccoli
- 25 g of carrot
- 25 g of pomegranate
- 1 tbs of oil (mct oil, coconut oil, hemp oil)
- 1 tbs of The Dog Nutritionist All Natural Supplement
- 1 organic egg
- 1 organic egg shell
- 50 g of cooked brown rice
- Bring a pot of water to the boil.
- Chop the chicken and chicken liver (or any liver) into small chunks. Approximately half the size of your thumb.
- Put the chopped chicken and chicken liver into the boiling water for 5 – 7 minutes.
- Whilst your meat is cooking grate the broccoli and carrot and put it into a bowl.
- Crack a raw egg into the bowl with the broccoli and carrot.
- Dice up the egg shell very finely and add it to the same bowl.
- Add the pomegranate, oil, and The Dog Nutritionist All Natural Supplement to the bowl with the other ingredients and mix well.
- Sieve your meat (after 5 – 7 minutes) and add the bowl of ingredients to the meat.
- Add an optional 50 g of rice or sweet potato to bolster the meal.
- Make sure it’s cool enough for your dog to eat and serve them an appropriate bowl size for their size and breed.
Remember to sign up to my newsletter below to never miss a recipe! Happy feeding!